Thursday

#BeAFriendMonth: Be Yourself!

(L to R): Rachel and her best friend, who is someone 
she can be herself around! 
As I have gone through middle school and now I am a junior in high school, I have realized how important it is to have friends beside you. I have always been friends with a lot of the girl groups in my grade, but this year I have become very close with a couple of girls who are now my best friends. I have learned what it means to be a friend as well as have friends who support me.

I think the most important quality in a friend is being honest with each other. Someone who can make you laugh, someone who listens to what you have to say, gives good advice and someone whom you know will always have your back, no matter what. I am the kind of person who does not like rumors, and gossiping, and being mean with one and other—so I definitely say NO DRAMA!! Its important to surround yourself with people who aren’t looking for drama or trying to cut each other down.  

Just a simple smile may start a conversation and friendship. You never really know someone until you start talking to them- and you may realize that you have common likes and interests. Always be nice to everyone because everyone wants a friend! I know that personally--I have made a lot of friends who I never thought would be my friend just by starting to talk with them and learning more about them. 

 You must always be yourself because there will be people out there who like you for just the way you are- and those people will be your true, lifelong friends in life.



Rachel is a junior in high school, a Girl Talk Leader, and a member of Girl Talk's National Teen Advisory Board! She wanted to be involved with Girl Talk so that she could give back to her community, become a stronger woman, and voice her opinions. Rachel hopes to inspire girls with her involvement with Girl Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment