Thursday

Joining the Zumba Party!


For National Physical Fitness Month, Zumba Instructor Gisela shares her love with Zumba! Girl Talk is excited to have her at this year's Project Inside Out! You can register for camp here! Now take it away, Gisela!

My mane is Gisela Marziali. I was born in the south of Argentina, in a region called Patagonia. I lived there for about 30 years where I married, had two children (11 and 13) and received two degrees in Radiology Technician and Physical Education. Ever since I was little, I've been passionate about dancing and sports. I took ballet classes, and I have participated in sports such as basketball, hockey, figure skating, and track and field.  While in Argentina, I taught different fitness formats, like Aerobics, step, Aero Latino, Aero-dance, Hip Hop and Afro/Brazilian aerobics for more than eight years. In 2003, my family and I relocated to the United States pursuing career opportunities for my husband. 

A few years ago one of my best friends invited me to take a Zumba class at the YMCA and since then I fell in love with Zumba, which encouraged me to return to teaching after several years dedicated to raising my children. I became a Zumba instructor, Group Exercise Instructor, and now I'm pursuing my Personal training certification.

Teaching Zumba has given me the opportunity to achieve two important goals in my life: helping people get more active, healthy and happy, and being able to do something that I love and truly enjoy like dancing and exercising all together.

“Dance as though no one is watching you,
Love as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing as though no one can hear you,
Live as though heaven is on earth.”


No comments:

Post a Comment