Tuesday

Be Inspiring Month: Even the Smallest Things

My favorite community service experience was through last year’s Choose to Matter project. Choose to Matter is a program that inspires girls to help their communities. Last year, I collected holiday gifts for 25 African refugee children. My family and friends came together and helped me to get items off of the “wish list” of what each child needed as well as other special gifts and treats.

My favorite part was being able to deliver the gifts to the children. We got a couple of new Barbies and even a bike for a child! But, they were the most excited about the socks and school supplies that they received. It really put things in perspective to see people genuinely grateful to get something so "normal" as socks or school supplies. The experience was very humbling and I am very thankful that I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment