Monday

Be Inspiring Month: Being One of Santa's Elves

My favorite community service project is from when I was 12 years old. I made about 100 stockings with my volleyball team with little trinkets and notes for children who were spending the holidays in hospitals. All of it was such a rewarding experience: finding all the supplies, walking into the hospital, being known as Santa's elves to all the children.

Working together with my team to give joy to people for a little bit was a blessing to me. It really made me think about what I am grateful for. A moment I will never forget was when I was leaving, a little girl came up to my friend and I and said, "...thank you my brother really needed this." My friend and I were overwhelmed by her statement that we both went silent, nodded our heads, and gave her a hug. That was the moment I knew I would be grateful for all the things in my life I take for granted: my friends, family, and everything that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment