Tuesday

Testimonial Tuesday: Girl Talk Leader Abby!

Hi! My name is Abby and I'm a Girl Talk Leader in Albany, GA! I feel blessed to be a Girl Talk Leader. I get to help middle school girls make their experiences in middle the best it can be. I get to offer advice on situations they’re in because I’ve been in their same shoes. I just feel so honored that I have the opportunity to make an impact on someone’s life and that's something I have always wanted to do. I participate in Girl Talk because I think it’s extremely important that girls, especially middle school girls, are able to talk to others and  get advice from people who have experienced what they are going through.  

A big issue today is how girls are being bullied on their appearances. They feel pressured to fit into a certain mold that society expects of them. They want to feel accepted by their peers, and are usually willing to pretend to be something they’re not in order to feel accepted. I really want girls to understand that it’s better for to be who you are. If someone doesn’t like you for who you are – don’t try to change, find someone who likes you for you. I think it is important to be comfortable in your own skin.  When people accept themselves for who they are and are happy with whom they are, they gain confidence. Confidence is important because without it, you’ll always wonder what if? What if I had done this? What if I had tried to do that? Wondering "what if..." for the rest of your life – no one wants that. I want to help middle school girls gain confidence and be happy with who they are, because everybody is unique and beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment